What was your New Years Resolution? Get in shape, lose ten pounds, go to church more or learn a new skill? Something that in your mind makes you a "better" person whether it is a physical or emotional change within. This New Year my resolution was none of the sort. It's a New Year with New Eats. My New Years Resolution is to only eat at restaurants that I have not eaten at before!
I live in Houston, Texas, and have been here for over three years. The city is bursting with flavor from every country. Within one-mile from my home there are restaurants with Greek, Italian, Turkish, Indian, Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Filipino, Vietnamese, French, Mexican and American cuisine. I can also get BBQ, Cajun, steak, seafood, sandwiches, soul food, ice cream and food truck delights within this one-mile radius. Even though I am surrounded by a wonderful assortment of dining options, I continued to eat at some of the same places over and over. It's really hard not to go back to a restaurant when the food was delicious, you had great service, the happy hour had $3 sushi rolls or a complimentary nacho bar served in the trunk of a car. But I am stepping out of my comfort zone and embarking on a journey to try all new places this year. This may sound hard for anyone from a smaller town but Houston is thriving in the restaurant industry and a new place opens up weekly. I will photograph each restaurant that I dine at and write a review on my blog to let you know how it was. If something looks very delicious to your eyes and speaks to your tummy come visit me! I can take you to dinner there, my only exception for eating at a restaurant that I have been to before is when company comes to town!
Happy eating everyone and cheers to a new year!
xoxo,
Summer
No comments:
Post a Comment